Rossmoor Town Center | Walnut Creek, California
- 106,281 SF Redevelopment Project
- Anchored by Safeway & CVS
In May 2016, Walnut Creek’s beloved Rossmoor Shopping Center received approval from the Walnut Creek Design Review Commission (DRC), the third of three approvals necessary to begin the Center’s dramatic redevelopment, destined to make it the heart of the surrounding community and influencer of shopping patterns.
Previously the Center received unanimous support from the Walnut Creek City Council and the Walnut Creek City Planning Commission. The project will also include a Public Art component.
Tallen Capital Partners, LLC and Citivest Commercial, LLC, along with their equity partner, led this 30 month redevelopment planning and leasing process. Expected to take approximately 15 months, this phased redevelopment includes a refreshed facade, drive-through pharmacy, fashion-forward boutique shops and charming restaurants.
The revived center, now celebrating its 50th anniversary, will be dotted with plazas for friends and family gatherings, hundreds of new trees, lush plantings, beautiful lighting, highly accessible parking and more.
Ground breaking is scheduled to begin in the fourth quarter of 2016 with completion expected in the fourth quarter of 2017 or the first quarter of 2018. The architectural design team is led by veteran Bay Area architect Norman Sears of SGPA’s San Francisco office.
Recent lease signings include:
- New long-term lease with Safeway, an existing tenant
- New long-term lease with CVS Pharmacy, an existing tenant who will move to a new pad location that includes a drive thru for consumers’ convenience
- A new long term lease with local Rossmoor retirement community stakeholders and realtors Better Homes & Gardens, an existing tenant who will move to a new, completely renovated location
- A long-term lease with Starbucks, a new 2,000 square foot prototypical store with a drive thru
For more information, please contact Tallen Capital Partners at email@example.com.